Quinta dos Cochichos is a family owned holiday farm in the Algarve countryside. Our B&B offers you rural accommodation in a natural and peaceful surrounding. The authentic Portugal.
About Portugals National Day
Enjoy our offer between the 21 - 25th of April (4 nights)!
- The 25th of April is a national holiday in Portugal called “Freedom Day"
- The Carnation Revolution got its name from the country’s peaceful transition of power: The soldiers did not use their guns and stuck flowers in the barrels instead.
- The revolution brought democracy to Portugal and emancipated its colonies in Africa, Angola, Mozambique and Guinea.
- When it was dedicated in August 1966, the 25th of April Bridge was named Salazar Bridge after the longtime leader of the dictatorship. Soon after the revolution, the bridge was rechristened after the “25th of April” as were many other landmarks around Portugal.
- The 25th of April Bridge bears a strong resemblance to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco but its actual “twin bridge” is the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. The same company designed both bridges in the 1930s.